All kinds, from very curly and thick to very straight and thin.
Most hair and scalp types can handle full head and hair application of our new conditioner formula.
Handcrafted in small batches with the ultra-nourishing ingredients of :
– Organic Golden Jojoba Oil for split ends and hair health
– Organic Moroccan Argan Oil for hair strength
– Organic Castor Oil for hair growth
– Organic and Fair Trade Cocoa Butter & Shea Butter for deep moisturization
– Organic Virgin Hemp Seed Oil
– Organic Almond Oil for naturally-occurring vitamin E
– Local Pasture-Raised Lard for extra moisturization and hair-building nutrients
– Cetearyl Alcohol derived from Vegetable Oils for its degreasing properties and water-solubility
– An Ionized Salt derived from rapeseed oil chemically named “Behentrimonium Methosulfate or BTMS”. However, this is NOT considered a sulfate and is environmentally friendly. This ingredient is necessary for a powdery smooth conditioning texture instead of an oily or greasy one. It also makes the conditioner more water-soluble and silky smooth.
About BTMS: For the conditioning effects most of us are used to with commercial conditioners, this is the most natural way for us to achieve this effect! If you would like to avoid this ingredient for a more natural option (but not as effective or convenient), just use straight jojoba oil (or another moisturizing fat) on hair ends before shampooing with our shampoo bars. You may also use a hair tea, apple cider vinegar or witch hazel rinse/spray after shampooing.
Our formula is very light and hard to over-apply, if you would like more moisturization and manageability, then follow the instructions below to turn your bar into liquid. You can use it everywhere on your hair, scalp, or skin and it leaves everything feeling silky smooth while hair is very shiny and manageable! This is our alternative replacement for a vinegar rinse or oil treatment.
1. BRUSH the conditioner bar directly onto your freshly washed, rinsed and dripping wet hair. Focus on dry spots, especially the ends of your hair.
Apply generously and take your time. Bars must be worked in with the water and hair for optimal effect. You may also use it on your skin as a shower/bathing lotion too!
2. COMB the conditioner residue left in your hair with fingers or a comb to make sure the conditioner is spread evenly and thoroughly. You may need to add a little more water to comb it and spread it around smoothly.
3. Let the conditioner bar SET in your hair while you wash your body/shave/etc. – 5 minutes or more being ideal.
4. RINSE thoroughly OR LEAVE it in! For a natural curling effect after you get out of the bath: brush hair while still damp – *scrunch* – then let air-dry! How simple is that?
Turn Your Bar Into Liquid:
Measure a 10:1 ratio of water (or other liquid) to conditioner bar.
Boil liquid then take off heat.
Add conditioner bar, stirring until dissolved.
Keep stirring occasionally until cooled.
Store after cooled completely and use within 6 weeks (water base).
Store in refrigerator for longer shelf life, especially if you used milk or other quickly expiring liquid.
Leftover Bits and Pieces
Dissolve: You can soak the bits in warm water overnight, then use the liquid as you would for conditioner. Sometimes a blender works well for this!
Liquid/Cream: Measure a 10:1 ratio of water (or other liquid) to conditioner bits. Boil liquid then take off heat and add conditioner bar bits, stirring until dissolved. Keep stirring occasionally until cooled. Store after cooled completely and use within 6 weeks with water base. Store in refrigerator for longer shelf life, especially if you used milk or another quickly expiring liquid.
Heating: Heating the pieces slowly and carefully with a blow dryer – or for a short time on low level in the microwave – this will turn the pieces into a liquid, which will harden again when cooled. It helps to have a container that you can melt them in and pop them back out again.
Using: leave the pieces next to the sink or shower in a container to rub in wet hands and apply to hair until nothing left of the bar pieces remain.
Storage : Do not leave in water, or let water rest on a wet surface as they will dissolve or become very soft and goopy – unless that’s what you’re going for! Preferably, they should be stored in an area with good air flow and minimal surface contact. Store in a dry, safe place our of direct sunlight to prevent mold growth or faster deterioration. We recommend our soap dishes for storing your conditioner bar. You can find them here, https://perma-earth.com/product/soap-dish/
Expiration : Use within a year of purchase. If the oils/fats inside start to go rancid it could smell “off” or develop rusty orange spots, but we have yet to actually see this happen.
Unscented – any scent detected is from the nature of the ingredients.