How to use our Facial Soaps 1 – 3 times daily: morning upon waking, night before bed, and whenever skin becomes dirty.
- Start with clean hands and no makeup. Remove any makeup with our whipped tallows.
- With clean warm water, lather the facial soap in your hands, then apply the lather to your face rubbing in circular, gentle motions for a minute or less.
- Rinse off hands and face with clean warm water, then pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Finish with a toner and then another application of whipped tallow to balance skin complexion and moisturize. Applying a moisturizer such as our whipped tallow after cleansing will help your skin to produce less oils if you have an oily complexion since your skin will try to produce extra oils in order to moisturize the dry skin, but you may want to experiment both using and not using a whipped tallow after to see if you need it. If you have dry skin, it will smooth and protect skin from absorbing other oils throughout the day that can clog your pores.
- Exfoliate and use a Detox Clay Mask 1-3 times per week or as-needed.
One must also take into consideration their exposure to environmental impurities, stress levels, sleep needs, dietary optimization, and pure water consumption. Most people need to drink around 64-96 oz of pure, clean water per day.
Extend the Life of Your Soap
Keep in a dry and safe place out of reach of small children and out of direct sunlight on one of our soap dishes for best results and a longer-lasting bar!
Does Soap Expire?
We recommend using our soaps within 1 year of purchase since the scent can fade over time, but our soaps often last longer than 2-3 years before developing orange spots, which is the oils/fats going rancid. When the dreaded orange spots develop, you should not use your soap. Store in a dry, room-temperature spot that’s out of direct sunlight until you are ready to use your bar. Once you first use your soap bar, it is best to finish using it within 6 months as contaminants from the first use will degrade your soap faster.