NOT FOR THE BODY!
Freshly scented washing soap for laundry, dishes and other surfaces.
Handmade in small batches with only 4 simple ingredients: saponified local lard, phthalate-free fragrance oils, mineral pigments and water.
Disclaimer: Natural, old-fashioned soap needs a bit more effort to clean and create a bubbly lather with than unnatural detergents.
- Grate the 4 oz soap bar into fine powder with cheese grater or kitchen aid.
- Mix 4 oz of washing soda (or baking soda) and 4 oz borax together.
- Add mixed powders to grated soap.
- For a small load, scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of the powder soap mixture into your washing machine’s detergent loader (works for HE too).
- For a medium load scoop 4 heaping tablespoons and for a large load scoop 6 heaping tablespoons into your washing machine’s detergent loader.
- For a fabric softener and brightener, add white cleaning vinegar to your machine’s softener receptacle.
- Also works for dishwashing when added to dishwashing machine’s detergent receptacle.
- Lather up soap bar with washing scrub, sponge or cloth.
- Use soapy scrub, sponge or cloth to hand-wash dishes or pre-soak dishes in soapy water.
- Rinse dishes with a white cleaning vinegar solution of a half cup to a sink full of water.
- Use Laundry formula above for a dishwashing machine formula.
- Lather soap bar in warm water.
- Use soapy water to wash and scrub dirty surfaces.
- Rinse soap away with cool water.
- Create a shiny finish by wiping with white cleaning vinegar.